Wanderstar is the name of the planet which Collective takes place on. This article is a simplified version of the official lore for the planet and its history.
This article is a mirror of this wiki article, but in the case of differences, this should be considered the official source.
Official Lore of Wanderstar
Cards from the Core Set represent native residents of Wanderstar, and cards from Week 1 onward represent beings which arrived on Wanderstar via portals. In addition, Heroes such as Ashgerdy, Heldim, Buluc and Vriktik are also from other realms, and were not born on Wanderstar.
The lore of Wanderstar will be expanded in the future and is controlled by the developers of the game. Lore behind all player submitted cards is planned to be controlled to some extent by the players.
Here's what is currently known about the lore of Wanderstar:
- Collective takes place on the eastern side of a large continent which is unnamed, because the Feowyn (the dominant species on this area of Wanderstar) know little about the rest of the world. The area currently known to the players and the Feowyn alike can be seen in the in-game world map. The currently known area of Wanderstar is divided into five regions: Feor, Hohezug, Kobeln, Ozealis and Webewal.
- Generations ago, the Feowyn shared the currently known region with a humanoid race called the Rabock, whose birth rates declined due to an event called the Sunset.
- Within the last few years, portals began opening up across Wanderstar and strange beings from other realms emerged from them. The Feowyn, being a magically gifted and spiritual race, believe that their Gods use these portals to reward or punish their behavior, and due to the radical changes to their world since the portals began appearing, their spiritual beliefs have shifted completely to focus on worshipping the Gods they believe control these Portals. They refer to the pantheon of Gods that control the portals as "The Collective."
Regions of Wanderstar
- Feor, kingdom of the peaceful, epicurean Feowyn. Contains:
- The capitol city of Pelztat
- A village near Pelztat named Eslohr
- Hohezug, a mountain range splitting the visible map in half
- Webewal, the humid forest north of Feor
- Kobeln, a loosely ruled kingdom of Demons to the west
- Ozealis, a peninsula and island chain with a wide variety of oceanic life, as well as ruins of an ancient Rabock settlement
- Urwal, an untamed jungle past the mountains to the southwest
- Risslan, an exotic and foreign culture northwest of Kobeln. Currently nothing is known about this region.