Collective launches on Steam into Open Beta on March 27th! In order to have as smooth a launch as possible, please be sure to report any bugs you see using the in-game bug report button. Thanks so much to everyone who's played during the alpha!
New Game Mode - Sentinels of Wanderstar
Sentinels is a rogue-lite singleplayer mode for Collective, where you build your deck as you go along.
- Sentinels has two keywords specific to the mode, related to manipulating your deck. They appear on special reward cards you'll earn at end of the first few levels of each Sentinels run.
- Recruit: Recruited cards are put in your hand and added to your deck for the rest of the run. (Can't Recruit your hero rewards.)
- Retire: Retired cards are Banished and removed from your deck for the rest of the run.
- Each time you successfully beat Sentinels with a new hero, you'll earn an emote for that hero that can't be acquired any other way!
Added over a dozen new music tracks. They're split about half-and-half between matches and when using the card creator.
- Press the
]key (right bracket) to skip the current music track.
- There are three new card frames to indicate what stage of the card lifecycle a card is in.
- Revamped the Golden frame card creators receive.
- Undraftable cards no longer have a rarity gem.
- Simplified and updated the filters. Added Card Creator as a format option, for decks that have unapproved cards.
- Unowned cards now have a lock icon in the deck list. This makes it so a card being red in the deck list specifically means it's not valid in the selected game format.
- Added an indicator for the Starlight Pendant (the all cards pass), which will be available for purchase when we launch on Steam.
- Community Commentary no longer has a delay before fading in when the Card Creator is initially opened and no hero has been selected yet.
- Added a warning when opening the Card Creator in-game that it should be used in the player's web browser for best performance.
- New Properties
- Base Mana Cost (number)
- Off-Affinity Penalty (number)
- Replaced the next reward display for Heroes, with a button that brings up their full details.
- Added several new Seasonal Achievements.
- Hovering over a card now shows related cards of its related cards. E.g. Chased Chicken now shows both Fleeing Farmer and Well-Fed Wyvern.
- Added Enterra's Age 4 world map alteration.
- Added an animation for Banish.
- Simplified quality settings.
- Fixed bug where quest progress notification would show higher than max progress.
- Fixed a bug where quests would advance in friend matches.
- When your board is full and you play another unit, the dying unit will no longer be considered to have a killer, for effects like Shika's Devout.
- Fixed bug where cards drawn during combat would appear behind units in play.
- Summon effects that target a unit can now be played without a target, but only if there is no valid target on the board. (For real this time.)