Economy, Cosmetics, and Shop
This patch adds support for many types of cosmetic items. However, most of the cosmetics that will be in the game at Steam launch aren't quite ready yet. We're releasing this patch now in hopes it will let us catch all the bugs before we get on Steam.
- Added Emotes system. Click on your hero in-match to view the emote menu. You can send up to four at once.
- You can also set any emote as your player icon by clicking on the blank player face in the main menu HUD.
- Daily Quests have been revamped. They now have more varied objectives, and none of them require winning games.
- The Season Pass system has been added.
- Daily quests now give Season Points instead of currencies.
- Your first 15 multiplayer wins each week also give some Season Points. This accounts for about 20% of possible Season Points earned each week.
- Every 1,000 Season Points you earn unlocks a tier of the Season Pass, granting an amount of a currency, or a cosmetic.
- The Premium Season Pass will become available when we launch on Steam (Date still to be announced).
- Once you've completed the Season Pass, daily quests and weekly wins will award Gold and Amber.
- Added over a dozen new achievements, and reorganized them into categories.
- Added support for many kinds of cosmetics. Most of these don't have many options yet. The types of cosmetics are detailed in the economy blog post, linked below.
- Cosmetic options are saved per deckslot.
- Each type of cosmetic defaults to the most recently acquired.
- Added the Shop, a centralized place to purchase cosmetics and Heroes.
Please check out the Economy Overview blog post for a detailed look at the economy. The final version of Daily Quests and Weekly Wins is slightly different from what was previously announced. Originally we planned to have Daily Quests give double progress for PvP wins, and weekly wins would count any game mode. Instead, Daily Quests will give normal progress in all modes, and Weekly Wins are PvP only. This change makes the overall system simpler, and allows us to continue giving out prizes at the end of singleplayer mode runs.
- The former undo button is now the auto-pass button. Pressing it during the play cards phase will pass the turn until combat.
- The Community Commentary system has been added to the deck editor, as explained in the Community Commentary blog post. Huge thanks to everyone who contributed!
In-Game Subreddit Commentary
- You can now leave commentary for a card you submit to the subreddit, by leaving a comment on the post starting with "Commentary:".
- The commentary shows up when hovering over the card during in-game voting, and becomes that card's commentary in the deck editor if it's accepted.
- We'll also read the commentary out on the weekly stream if your card is in the top 10.
- This feature is considered experimental because it's been difficult to test without putting it up on the live server.
- Added a sound effect for gaining EXP.
- Herald is now an official keyword and has been given its own distinct animation.
- Each hero now now says an emote line when they concede.
- Falling Star is now 6 mana.
- Cataclysm is now 13 mana.